SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY
“Save lives, protect our community and the environment.”
We provide a single point of entry to emergency services, e.g. police, fire, ambulance, etc. where residents and visitors to the West Coast are able to report all life and/or property threatening emergencies.
We focus on Training and Development, Agent Quality Management and Public Education and Awareness, including networking and media liaison.
We provide the community of the West Coast with 24-hour access to emergency services by managing and ensuring effective integrity, development, maintenance and disaster recovery of all dynamic technical systems.
More about our fire services
We are a professional service , we respond to and deal with all types of fires and emergencies, ranging from structural, informal settlement, and veld fires to small vessel and motor vehicle fires. Our service extends its work to rescues including hazardous material emergencies.
We also strive to provide a safer environment for our residents, visitors and staff, by creating awareness of the dangers associated with fire in our communities.
What is the mission of the fire service?
The mission of the fire service is to “save lives, protect our community and
the environment from fires and other emergencies.”
What is the vision of the fire service?
The vision of the fire service is to “Forward towards safer communities & and to ensure the vision and mission becomes a reality.
“Forward towards safer communities”
In order to ensure the vision and mission becomes a reality, the following objectives are established:
(a) Prevent the outbreak or spread of fire
(b) Fight and extinguish any fire that endangers a person or property
(c) Protect a person or property against any fire of other danger as contemplated in this by-law
(d) Rescue a person or property from any fire or other as contemplated in this by-law
(e) Perform any other function connected with any of the matters referred to in sub-section (a) to (d)
DISTRIBUTION OF DRIVING LICENCE AND PRDP RENEWAL NOTICES (DLRN) VIA EMAIL AND SMS
Driving Renewal Notices are no longer posted to driving licence owners by the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC). From 8 March 2021, the electronic DLRNs will be sent to the driver via SMS or email.
All drivers will be able to renew their driving licence or apply for PrDP as described below:
- From 8 March 2021 the RTMC will send an SMS or an email to every driver informing them when their driving licence/PrDP card will expire.
- A SMS or email will be sent on the first day of every month to all drivers whose driving licence/PrDP card will expire within that month. For example, on 1 April 2021 the RTMC will send a SMS or email to all drivers whose driving licence/PrDP will expire in the month of April 2021.
- In order to receive the SMS or email notification, drivers are encouraged to register their profile on https://online.natis.gov.za by clicking on “My Profile” and providing the relevant information, including their current cell phone number and email address.
Important to note:
- The RTMC will not send a follow-up SMS.
We serve as a single point of entry to all residents’ safety and security services. By simply dialling 022 713 1815 , all residents and visitors to the West Coast will have access to emergency services and be able to report all life and/or property threatening emergencies. Your service requests will be distributed to the relevant emergency service providers including fire and rescue, police, traffic service or ambulance.
Our vision is to enhance the quality of life by handling all emergency and other calls for service in a prompt, courteous, professional and correct manner, thereby assisting in saving lives, protecting property, limiting crimes and preventing major fire loss while maintaining accurate information.
- Application for Permit of Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Application for Population Certificate
- Application Certificate Fire Compliance
- Application for Certificate of Hazardous Substances
- Application for Certificate of Registration for Flammable Substance
- Application for Certificate of Registration for Spray Rooms and Booths
GET IN TOUCH DIRECTLY
Mobile Emergency Number:
022 713 4590
Saldanha Bay Municipality Fire Services:
022 713 1815 / 086 007 3473
West Coast District Municipality Fire Services:
022 433 8700
Crime Stop: 086 0 10111
Hopefield Police Station:
022 723 8000
Langebaan Police Station:
022 707 5140
Saldanha Police Station:
022 714 8333
St Helena Bay Police Station:
022 736 8060
Vredenburg Police Station:
022 703 6440 / 022 703 6453
Traffic: 022 701 6900
Aft Hours: 022 701 6834
NSRI: 082 990 5966
Vredenburg Provincial Hospital: 022 709 7200
West Coast Life Hospital: 022 719 1030
Law Enforcement: 022 701 6912
After Hours: 022 701 7061
Emergency Control Room: 022 701 6834
Remove and release snakes in your area:
Tally Slade (24/7 Available):
082 566 4184
Hendrik Kamoetoe (24/7 Available):
079 154 6518
Adriaan Cronje (After Hours):
084 517 4201
Stefan Cronje (After Hours):
084 646 8555
Langebaanweg Military Police:
022 706 2413 / 2125
Department of Correctional
Services (Vredenburg): 022 713 3024