Fraud, crime and theft is an increasing problem in South Africa. Too often, it is undetected and goes unreported, resulting in financial losses to organisations, eventually to the detriment of all stakeholders.
Saldanha Bay Municipality is no different - even as a local municipality. We are committed to conducting healthy business practices with honesty and integrity, which will not only ensure a stable environment for everyone but also ensure the continued future success of the municipality.
For this reason, we have subscribed to a service that will enable all our stakeholders to report anonymously on dishonest activities that effects the organisation. The service is totally independent of Saldanha Bay Municipality. No one will therefore ever know who reported the fraud or dishonest and inappropriate behaviour.
How does it work?
- Anyone can contact Hotline using a dedicated FreeCall 0800 telephone number and e-mail as well as the generic Hotmail (email), Hotpost, Hotfax and webmail facilities.
- Trained operators, using sophisticated contact centre equipment, will respond to calls in all the 11 official languages during business hours.
- English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Sotho or Xhosa are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Operators will interview callers, probing for specific facts so as to record as much information and understand things as clearly as possible.
- The information is then analysed and forwarded to designated persons of the organisation who will decide on corrective action to be taken.
- Although you may choose to provide your details (name, etc.), the Hotline report will never reveal your identity or even your gender (unless you choose your identity to be made known to the company!).